Eversheds Sutherland LNG Law Blog
content top

FERC Releases Draft Environmental Impact Statement for Magnolia LNG Project

FERC has released its Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the proposed Magnolia LNG liquefaction and export terminal project at Lake Charles, La. and the interconnected pipeline.  The DEIS concludes that construction and operation of the proposed projects would result in adverse environmental impacts, but the impacts would be reduced to less-than-significant levels with the...

Access to LNG Export Market “Vital” to Canadian Gas Producers

The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers has released a report concluding that Canadian gas producers must have access to global LNG markets to avoid a decade of decline in natural gas production.  According to the press release, “U.S. natural gas supplies are displacing western Canadian gas in the traditional markets of Central Canada, the U.S. Midwest and U.S. Northeast” and,...

Dominion Cove Point LNG Files Construction Status Report

Dominion Cove Point LNG has filed a report with FERC on construction activities through June 2015 at its LNG export terminal near Lusby, Md.  The status report states that engineering is 90% complete, procurement is 77% complete, and construction is 5.3% complete.  

Floridian Natural Gas Storage Granted Order to Reduce LNG Storage, Sendout Capacity

FERC issued an order granting Floridian Natural Gas Storage Company’s request to modify the previously authorized proposed Phase 1 LNG storage facilities near Indiantown, Fla. by substituting a 1 Bcf single-containment LNG storage tank for the previously authorized 4 Bcf full-containment tank and reducing the associated Phase 1 vaporization capacity or sendout capacity from 400...

Kinder Morgan to Purchase Shell’s Equity Interest in the Elba LNG Liquefaction Joint Venture

Today, Kinder Morgan, Inc. announced that it has agreed to purchase 100% of Shell’s equity interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, LLC (ELC), the owner of the proposed Elba Liquefaction and export project, to be located at the existing Elba Island LNG import terminal near Savannah, Ga.  Kinder Morgan currently owns 51% of the ELC joint venture and will purchase Shell’s remaining 49%. ...

« Older Entries Next Entries »