Kinder Morgan to Purchase Shell’s Equity Interest in the Elba LNG Liquefaction Joint Venture

Today, Kinder Morgan, Inc. announced that it has agreed to purchase 100% of Shell’s equity interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, LLC (ELC), the owner of the proposed Elba Liquefaction and export project, to be located at the existing Elba Island LNG import terminal near Savannah, Ga.  Kinder Morgan currently owns 51% of the ELC joint venture and will purchase Shell’s remaining 49%.  Shell will retain 100% of the liquefaction capacity of the project.  According to the press release, subject to regulatory approvals, construction could begin in the fourth quarter of 2015, with initial production expected to occur in late 2017.


Back to top