Alaska Considering Buying Pipeline Share of Alaska LNG Project

The Alaska Journal of Commerce reports that Alaska Governor Bill Walker is considering buying out TransCanada Corp.’s 25% share of the proposed Alaska LNG pipeline that would transport North Slope gas supplies to the proposed liquefaction and export terminal near Nikiski, Alaska. Currently, the state owns 25% of the liquefaction and LNG export terminal part of the project.  North Slope producers BP, ConocoPhillips and ExxonMobil own the remaining 75% of the overall project.



Back to top